NMRA POTOMAC DIVISION BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S MEETING
February 18, 2017
Meeting called to order at 12:30 pm at John Paganoni’s home. Present were Brian Sheron, Superintendent, Marshall Abrams, Senior Assistant Superintendent, Ed Rosado, Assistant Superintendent, Tom Brodrick, Paymaster, Bill White, Clerk, John Paganoni, Committee Chair.
• Layout tours: The scheduled tour for June has been cancelled. Brian will check on a layout tour in Hanover, PA. Tom will check on layout near Nick Kalis.
• Achievement Program:
• Paymaster: The Board decided to donate $250 to each of the modulars at the Minicon.
• Flyer: The deadline for next issue content is just after the Minicon.
• Webmaster: Bill Mosteller reported no problems at this time.
• Op Sessions: Bill Mosteller has not reported any that are scheduled.
• John and Ed will provide back up on the registration desk.
• Brian will create a slide for 2017 (Harrisburg) and our 2018 MERs.
• Marshall will provide a set of business cards with relevant contact information.
• Marshall will send out a reminder e-mail a week before the Minicon.
• Matt Thompson will serve as the photographer.
• Board members assigned to write Minicon articles for the Flyer: clinics: Ed; speaker and modulars: Brian; election: Bill White
2018 MER Convention
• If Doug Moore is not able to do the web page design, the Board will need to purchase a web hosting software package. Also someone to update the web page during the Convention is needed.
• Bill Demas will head up the Layout Tours and the Op Sessions. Bill Mosteller will assist him.
• Marty McGurk will handle clinics.
• John will work on nearby prototype site information.
• The board decided to defer consideration of the proposed excursions until after the MER. Brian will so inform Nick Kalis.
• Marshall will look for software appropriate for conducting the membership survey.
Next Meeting: April 15 at Ed’s house.
Note: Officer positions for the new Board will be confirmed by e-mail after the Minicon.
➢ check with Nick Kalis on a nearby layout for the November layout tour: Tom
➢ check on possible layout tour to Hanover, PA: Brian
➢ prepare slide on 2017 & 2018 MERs: Brian
➢ procure a set of contact information business cards: Marshall
➢ write appropriate Flyer articles on the Mincon: Brian, Ed, Bill White
➢ send out Minicon reminder e-mail: Marshall
➢ inform Nick Kalis of excursion plan deferment: Brian
➢ search for appropriate survey software: Marshall